Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Incredible, edible, polymer clay


No! you shouldn't eat it but I thought I got your attention... what is that stuff? Ten years ago in college I would purchase my graphite, acrylic paints, other medium of art for class and always walk by that rainbow colored play-dough like stuff. " How stupid?, is that for kids?, pretty, boy that looks like it tastes good!" I just kept on walkin', never bothered at a buck an ounce. It wasn't till the second millennium Tami from Linkage Jewelry designs showed me how versatile this stuff is. It crumbles when its dry, It gets softer as it warms, it conditions to taffy, it stretches, it blends beautifully, it bakes at a household temperature, curing to a flexible consistency all the way to rock hard. It can be molded hand formed and the sky is the limit. I live by the stuff now, (when I have the time), making it my exclusive medium to make art. If you thought it was just for the kids... It ain't. You got to try it. Check out some clay at Vilenica Polymer Clay.

No comments:

Post a Comment